Taking care of your watch and jewelry will help preserve its beauty. There are many ways to care for watches and jewelry we offer some simple ways below. Personalized advice from one our repair consultants is available, contact us today!
Gemstone, diamond and pearls need to be treated with care. Even a diamond, the world’s hardest material is subject to damage under certain circumstances and other gemstones are delicate. To preserve the beauty and luster of your jewelry, we compiled recommendations below:
1. Avoid exposure to cleaning products including household bleach.
2. Put jewelry on last, after creams, make-up or fragrances.
3. Avoid variable temperatures
4. Ultrasonic cleaning
5. Remove jewelry when doing household and outdoor chores (example are cleaning and gardening)
6. Remove jewelry when showering, bathing, taking a swim in a pool or ocean, and relaxing in hot tub.
7. Remove jewelry when participating in contact sports or exercising at the gym.
8. Remove jewelry when preparing meals.
We recommend a professional cleaning of your jewelry every six months for items worn daily. Proper care can be done at home as well. We offer a jewelry care kit to help you maintain your jewelry home. If you don’t have a care kit, follow the tips below:
1. We recommend using a soft bristle brush and mild soap and water solution to clean your jewelry.
2. For jewelry gently clean between the settings and in crevices with a soft bristle, brush to remove debris. Rinse and blot dry. Delicate gemstones including pearls, topaz, and others can be cleaned with this method.
3. Sterling silver tarnishes when exposed to cosmetics, perspiration, humidity, chlorine, and salty air. To remove tarnish from sterling silver requires a special polishing cloth, contact us today for complimentary cloth. JB Hudson recommends storing your sterling silver in a silver pouch to help prevent tarnish.